Saturday, April 24, 2010

Apparently we are bad at blogging...

Well, well, it has almost been a year since our last post. We certainly don't get a gold medal in blogging! Callie and I remain so busy with our day jobs it leaves little time for creating, much less blogging. Sometimes I sit down to post but I just zone out and have no idea what to say. Well, here is a heads up... It is probably two in the morning here in lovely Alabama and I am up waaaaaay past my bedtime. But I'm feeling random and chatty so here it goes...

*I am spending the night with Callie tonight. We had a fantastic trip to Michaels (craft store extravaganza), ate a crap ton of yummy food at Jim and Nick BBQ, and caught up on missed Glee and Office episodes. I am looking forward to a day full of crafting tomorrow! I really treasure the time I get to spend with such wonderful friends, Callie and her hubby, Chad are two of the best!

*I freakin' love the t.v. show Glee! If you don't watch it you should start. It makes me just want to bust out into song (which I do sometimes, anyways!) I so should have been in show choir. There is this really dumb cheerleader character on the show. She always comes out with these great one liners. My fav so far this season is, "Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?" I almost peed a little. Callie and I got attacked by dolphins at the beach one summer. I swear I'm not lying! So, that comment was especially funny to me. Maybe dolphins really are just gay sharks? Hmmmmm? Makes you think, what other animals are gay versions of other animals?

*I'm excited because Callie and I are going to try a new "project" tomorrow. It has been such a long time since we have done something "brand new". My favorite thing to make is jewelry and sometimes I don't think about branching out much. We took a trip to the local thrift store this week and picked up some great picture frames we are going to spiff up. Think spray paint, buttons, flowers, lovely paper, and woodland creatures. Wish us luck and keep your eye on our Etsy page to see our results!

*I have just recently purchased an MP3 player, I know I'm a little behind, right! It is so awesome to have all my favorite music at my finger tips. Music really speaks to me and I am often inspired by music to create new things. In all the musical fun I have decided I want to make a list of my top ten favorite songs of the moment and make a piece of jewelry for each song. Maybe I can get Callie in on it too, even though all ten of her songs would be Hanson songs! :) Does anybody have a song they think could be translated into a piece of jewelry? If you do please comment!

*Polka Dot Pancake will be taking part in a festival the weekend of May 14th in Trussville. We have never done this festival before so we are pretty excited!

Wow, this is probably the most incoherent and random post ever BUT there is no better time to update a blog than three in the dang morning! I'm going to take my butt to bed now! Hopefully it won't be a year before our next post but I'm not making any promises!

Love,
The Bran half of PolkaDotPancake

No comments: