Friday, November 28, 2008

Tryptophan Comas and Black Friday Rush

Whew! I don't know about you, but I'm kind of glad Thanksgiving only comes once a year. I mean, it is a very special holiday; you get time off work, time to spend with family, time to relax, but by God! There's only so many different types of casserole a human can consume in a 24-hour span! I hate so much at lunch yesterday that I was straight up miserable. Then, I took a nap, and ate a whole entire other plate of food! As it turns out, I make an excellent vegetable casserole. Good enough to make my grandmama proud. It's really only good because the mayonnaise, butter, and Ritz crackers. I could give or take the vegetables personally, but that's how southern girls do it.

Another reason I'm glad Thanksgiving only happens once a year is because that means the day AFTER Thanksgiving only happens once a year. Now, we are not the people camping outside Best Buy at 4:30 AM. We meandered down to the Quintard Mall (Oxford, AL) around 8:45 AM, but still! One needs stamina for the hardcore bargain hunting we did! And not only do you need stamina for digging through stacks of disheveled merchandise and toting shopping bags that feel as if they're filled with boulders, but you need stamina for visitin' with all the folks from high school and back home you'll inevitably run into. While shopping today, I saw 6 people from high school, 3 children I teach, and effectively avoided 4 of my ex-boyfriend's family members, not to mention various church folks and "How do I know that person?"s. Nonetheless, we had a fun time, even if I didn't get up early enough to get that $388 plasma screen TV at Wal-Mart.

In Etsy news, we're featured in 2 EtsyOWLS team treasuries right now. Check them out, then check out the EtsyOWLS blog for more awesome sales and savings from other team members.

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=23926

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=23681

Check out the OWLS blog too!
http://etsyoffthewall.blogspot.com/

Happy Thanksgiving and I can officially begin to say, "Merry Christmas!"

Callie

No comments: